Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am not homophobic!

This week the Employment Relations Authority report released in which it said the following about Sean Mitchell, Action Media Publisher and Owner:


"[his] conduct was "infantile", and the resulting situation was his own fault"
Mr Mitchell then contacted Gaynz.com where he is quoted as follows:

"I've got no problem with people reading the story, that's fine, but the whole embarrassing thing is that I'm actually not a homophobe and they make it sound like I'm being nasty."

"I am happy to talk to anyone to show that I am not homophobic in the slightest. That's the only part of the story that I find personally upsetting,"
While there is always two sides to the story I get the feeling that Mitchell is as "infantile" as the report suggests as he doesn't get it that making offensive gay jokes is not appropriate behaviour for a manager. His claim he is not homophobic also has the feeling of some of my best friends are gay but then continues to make anti gay jokes after he has been asked to stop making them.

In the story on Gaynz.com his biggest worry is that he appears to be homophobic and not that he has been called infantile. I am happy to accept his claim he isn't homophobic as he appears to be too infantile to even understand that his actions would be percieved as homophobic.

So based on Mitchell's comments it is okay to call him "infantile"!

No comments: